This week’s suggestions include watching the Grammy Awards, going to the theater for “Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace” or another movie, and more.
1. Sunday night the Grammy Awards will be broadcast on TV, and if you’re a fan of music or awards shows, you’ll want to tune in. The broadcast begins at 8 p.m. EST on CBS. To see all the nominees, get the latest news and more, go to the official website, www.grammy.com.
2. It’s a big movie week, with a another 3-D re-release leading the way: “Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.” Also out this week is “Safe House,” rated R, starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds; “The Vow,” PG-13, starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum; “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island,” PG, starring Dwayne Johnson; and “Rampart,” R, starring Woody Harrelson and Sigourney Weaver.
3. Sunday is the birthday of President Abraham Lincoln, and some places have events scheduled. Check the newspaper for listings, or check with your library to see if anything Lincoln-related is happening.
4. Tuesday is Valentine’s Day, but this weekend is the perfect time to start celebrating. Men, schedule a romantic dinner or date, and get her some flowers before the big day to lift her spirits all weekend long. You can also make it a family affair and create your own Valentine’s Day cards.
5. The Super Bowl is over, but there still are plenty of sports to watch on TV. The NBA and NHL will be in action all weekend, and there are international soccer games all weekend.