Atlanta Braves at New York Yankees odds, picks and prediction
The Atlanta Braves (7-9) and New York Yankees (5-10) open a two-game series Tuesday. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. ET at Yankee Stadium. Let's analyze BetMGM Sportsbook's lines around the Braves vs. Yankees odds with MLB picks and predictions.
2020 season series: 2-2
Both clubs had Monday off. The Braves just took two of three from the Chicago Cubs, capped off with Sunday night's 13-4 rout at Wrigley Field. The Yankees were swept at home by the Tampa Bay Rays, have lost five in a row and are last in the AL East.
RHP Charlie Morton is slated to start for the Braves. The 14-year veteran is 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA (17 IP, 9 ER), 1.29 WHIP, 11.1 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9 over 3 starts.
- Last outing: No-decision, 6 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 9 K vs. Miami Marlins Wednesday - Braves lost 6-5 in 10 innings
- 2020 postseason vs. Yankees (with Rays): Win, 5 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 6 K in Tampa Bay's 8-4 victory in Game 3 of the ALDS
- Career vs. Yankees (regular season): 4-2, 3.83 ERA (51 2/3 IP, 22 ER), 70 K in 10 starts
RHP Jameson Taillon is the Yankees' projected starting pitcher. The right-hander is 0-1 with a 7.56 ERA (8 1/3 IP, 7 ER), 1 BB and 10 K through 2 starts.
- Last outing: Loss, 3 2/3 IP, 5 ER, 8 H, 1 BB, 3 K at Toronto Blue Jays (Dunedin, Fla.) April 13 - Yankees lost 7-3
- Career vs. Braves: 1-0, 2.57 ERA (7 IP, 2 ER), 5 H, 1 BB, 7 K in 1 start with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2018
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you'll get up to $600 in free bets.Bet now!
Braves at Yankees odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line : Braves +105 (bet $100 to win $105) | Yankees -130 (bet $130 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Braves +1.5 (-175) | Yankees -1.5 (+145)
- Over/Under : 8.5 (O: -120 | U: +100)
Braves 7, Yankees 5
Money line (ML)
The big story is the availability of Braves stud OF Ronald Acuna Jr., who is hitting .419 with 7 homers and 16 RBIs. Atlanta's young star is day to day after an MRI revealed a mild abdominal strain suffered in Sunday's win. His status had overnight lines for this contest off the board at some books.
If he's in the lineup, the BRAVES ( +105) are the STRONGEST PLAY - 1½ times your usual wager.
If he sits, this is a PASS. There's no telling how the Braves will respond with their sparkplug out of the lineup. Meanwhile, the Yankees have had more than a full day to think about their 5-game skid and current struggles. They went 2-8 in their last 10 games with a .194 team batting average while striking out 94 times.
AVOID. First, both teams are under .500 ATS. Second, there's no way I'll lay the juice on Braves +1.5 (-175), and the Yankees, no matter the line, can't be trusted.
ATS records: Braves 6-10 | Yankees 5-10
If Acuna plays, back the OVER 8.5 ( -120) for a HALF UNIT. Atlanta is 8-1-1 O/U in its last 10 games, and New York is 5-5.
If Acuna doesn't play, bet the Under for a quarter unit as long as the line doesn't drop below 8 runs.
O/U records: Braves 10-5-1 | Yankees 6-9
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
|2021 (all sports)|
- SP: Strongest plays; ROI: Return on investment
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.