Mercer vs. UNC-Greensboro odds, picks and prediction
The Mercer Bears (18-10) and UNC-Greensboro Spartans (20-8) meet for a Monday evening title game in the Southern Conference Tournament. Tip-off will be at 7 p.m. ET. The neutral-site battle will be held at Harrah's Cherokee Center in Asheville, N.C. Below, we analyze the Mercer-UNC-Greensboro odds and lines, with NCAA college basketball picks and predictions.
UNC-Greensboro is the No. 1 seed in the 10-team tournament. Mercer is the No. 10 seed.
Mercer vs. UNC-Greensboro:Odds, spread andlines
- Money line : Mercer +185 (bet $100 to win $185) | UNC-Greensboro -225 (bet $225 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Mercer +5.5 (-115) | UNC-Greensboro -5.5 (-105)
- Over/Under : 136.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Mercer vs. UNC-Greensboro: Three things to know
- If the Bears are to win their first conference title since 2014 (Atlantic Sun Conference), they'll have to do so by winning games on four consecutive days. Mercer advanced to this tournament final after Friday-through-Sunday victories over Samford, Wofford and VMI. Saturday's win was a 62-61 triumph over the second-seeded Wofford Terriers.
- The Spartans advanced to the title game with two bracket contests that were closer than the final scores indicated. UNCG defeated The Citadel 80-72 Saturday and East Tennessee State 77-65 Sunday. With the twin wins in the tournament, the Spartans have won three in a row and five of their last six.
- Greensboro is tremendous in turnover avoidance on offense and turnover creation on defense. In possession percentage analytics, the Spartans rank 23rd nationally on offense and 62nd on defense. In two games against Mercer this season (both wins for the Spartans), UNCG was minus-3 in the turnover margin.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mercer vs. UNC-Greensboro: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
UNC-Greensboro 69, Mercer 68
Money line (ML)
Mercer is a team on the upswing since enduring a tough stretch in January. The Bears have been impressive in Asheville, and with a strong 3-point game (38.7% in the tourney) leading the way, have enough offense to upset the favored Spartans.
TAKE MERCER (+185) as the value play for the potential upset in what will be a close game.
Against the spread (ATS)
The Bears are 4-0 ATS over their last four games against winning teams. They are are 5-1 ATS in their last six games overall.
Peg this one as being a likely one-possession game late. BACK THE BEARS +5.5 (-115).
The number here is well-targeted for a contest between the mid-pace Spartans and slow-down Bears. PASS.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.