No weapon was ever located and officials felt threat response was swift and smooth.

The Otoe County Sheriff’s Office acted on a call from the FBI on Sept. 12 which resulted in Syracuse Schools enacting a “No Movement” status.
At no time on Sept. 21 was there ever a weapon located on any school property.
The movement restrictions were lifted for middle school and elementary by 10:50a.m. High School restriction was lifted by 11 a.m., and school resumed as usual with deputies onsite at all Syracuse schools for the remainder of the school day.
At 8:20 a.m., the Sheriff’s Office received a call from the FBI of a threatening statement that was made against a school on an online gaming chatroom.
Though the statement did not name Syracuse schools, it had been traced to an IP address in the City of Syracuse.
Deputies were immediately dispatched to schools. At 9:30 a.m., it was determined that the IP address was that of the Syracuse Schools, so the school went enacted “no movement.” The "no movement" status means that no one can leave the classroom, but that learning continues as usual.
Very shortly after the school went to "no movement," officials identified and detained the student.
After questioning and investigation, it was determined that the statement was intended to be a joke. An FBI agent was onsite for questioning.
The student was released to parents, and the FBI handles the investigation moving forward with regard to criminal charges.
Otoe County Sheriff Deputy Colin Caudill said, "Everything moved quickly, smoothly. We felt comfortable that the safety of the schools was maintained."
Middle School Principal Tim Farley spoke to his students at lunch about the incident.
He discussed with the kids that their number one priority as teachers and staff is safety and learning is number two.
The kids responded positively, and they seemed to be happily moving about their day after the incident.
High School Principal Kyle Rohrig said that they will follow the Code of Conduct on any action by the school. "Student and staff safety is our top priority. If people see anything they need to report, they need to call our school building so we can act," he said.
Superintendent Brad Buller said he was pleased with how everyone worked together.  
“It’s unfortunate any time there’s a disruption to the school day… Coordination between the Sheriff’s Office, the FBI, and the school was well done.  From the time we found out about the incident to when they got to the bottom of it was quick,” Buller said.  “Anytime you have an incident, you learn things,” he continued.  
They felt that overall it went very smoothly, but Buller stated that everything can be used as a learning experience and they will do the same in this instance to review the process for possible improvement.