Otoe County 4-H’ers have had a variety of things to do since school got out in May.
Extension Educator Sarah Purcell gave the Extension Office quarterly report to the Otoe County Board of Commissioners during the board’s Tuesday morning meeting.
Purcell introduced Tessa Reece, who has been the 4-H Summer Intern this year.
Reece and 4-H Summer Aide Hannah Esch have led or assisted with youth workshops this summer.
Purcell said 29 different workshops were offered, and some subjects were popular enough that they workshop was held more than once.
One topic, an entrepreneurship day camp for 10 to 13 year olds, came to Otoe County because Esch learned about the program during her sophomore year at UNL.
Otoe County District 5 Supervisor James Parsons called the workshops “a smashing success” after his daughters attended a number of them during the summer.
Purcell said eight Otoe County 4-H’ers were part of the group who traveled to Washington, D.C., earlier this summer as part of the Citizenship Washington Focus program.
Right now, the Extension Office is “very busy helping 4-H’ers get ready for the Otoe County Fair,” said Purcell.
During the meeting, commissioners accepted a $240,078 bid from Contech Engineered Solutions in Lincoln for culverts and other materials needed to construct Project C-66(615) on County Road N between Roads 12 and 14, as well as Project C-66(567) on County Road 2 between Roads I and J.
Otoe County Roads Lead Supervisor Jon Brinkman told the commissioners that about $78,491.50 of the total bid will be used for Otoe County projects.
Brinkman explained that these projects are part of the County Bridge Match projects approved by the Nebraska Department of Roads earlier this year and because Otoe County is listed as the lead county on these projects, it will obtain and disperse the funds.
About 70 percent of the money will be dispersed before the culverts are installed, and the remaining 30 percent will be paid when the culverts are in, said Brinkman.
 Nemaha and Saunders counties are working with Otoe County on the Bridge Match projects, said Brinkman.
Contech also submitted the lowest bid for 120-inch culverts to construct Project C-66(599) on L Road between Roads 68 and 70.
The commissioners accepted the company’s bid of $54,075 for the project.
Board members agreed to renew an interlocal agreement with 13 other counties to create a Southeast Region so that the county emergency management agency can ensure that emergency management coordination, planning, training and mutual aid can be worked out with other southeastern counties.
The board also approved the Hilltop Subdivision at 1624 S. 60 Rd. as requested by Cody L. and Toni L. Stutheit.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Otoe County Board of Commissioners will take place at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 8.