A stolen pickup truck from a grocery store in Nebraska City led to an over 100-mile-per-hour police chase in Iowa Tuesday afternoon.
Jessica Ann Hall, 27, who says she's from Omaha, was arrested by the Fremont County Sheriff's Office for possession of stolen property.
Nebraska City Police Department Capt. Lonnie Neeman said the police department was notified about 5:05 p.m. that a 2008 white Dodge pickup truck, belonging to Blain Guess of Nebraska City, was stolen from the Fareway grocery store, along South 11th Street.  
Neeman said the vehicle was unlocked with the keys inside of the truck. Neeman said Guess discovered that his truck was gone when he had walked out of the grocery store.
Neeman said Hall was seen in Fareway prior to Guess arriving at the grocery store. Neeman had received a phone call from Fremont County at about 7 p.m. and he went to Sidney to interview Hall about 7:30 p.m.
"It sounds like she had come to town with some friends or acquaintances on Sunday night and her friends left town and left her stranded here," Neeman said.
Fremont County Sheriff Kevin Aistrope said Hall told him something similar.
"She said she got stranded in Nebraska City for three days and needed to get back home," Aistrope said.
Neeman said Hall didn't have a cell phone and was trying to use other people's or businesses' phones to call someone to pick her up.
"After we got the report that (the truck) was stolen, we notified the surrounding agencies," Neeman said.
Neeman said Fremont County had seen the stolen truck in less than 15 minutes after the Nebraska City police had sent out the broadcast to surrounding law enforcement agencies.
Aistrope said Deputy Randy Chapman was in Thurman when he had received the call about the stolen pickup at 5:22 p.m. Aistrope said Chapman had discovered the stolen truck at 5:26 p.m. traveling northbound on Interstate 29 around mile marker 19.
"He was just in the right spot at the right time," Aistrope said.
Chapman turned on his sirens and emergency lights to get Hall to pull over.
Hall increased her speed to "over 100 mph" to escape the deputy, before pulling off of the interstate to the Bartlett exit. Hall drove east on Waubonsie Avenue toward Tabor. Aistrope had stop sticks ready for the pickup truck about half-of-a-mile west of Tabor. Aistrope directed traffic to keep the road clear.  
"The citizens were very cooperative. They got off of the road," Aistrope said. "They did a good job and followed my direction."
The stop sticks punctured both front tires of the pickup truck, but the pursuit continued through Tabor east onto a gravel portion of road on Waubonsie Avenue.
Aistrope said the Tabor Police Department joined in the pursuit when the chase reached Tabor.
Aistrope added that Hall was reaching speeds of up to 100 mph on Waubonsie Avenue as well.
Hall decreased her speed as the front tires deflated, and stopped about 1 mile east of Tabor. She then pulled over and got out of the vehicle, and was then taken into custody.
"It was a textbook police chase," Aistrope said.
Aistrope said drug paraphernalia was recovered at the scene and is being sent to the crime lab for testing. Hall hasn't been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at this time.
Along with possession of stolen property, Hall was also charged with felony eluding and several traffic violations.
Hall is being held at the Montgomery County Sherrif's Office in Red Oak on a $12,272.95 bond.
Hall's charges are pending in Nebraska.