|
Nebraska City News-Press - Nebraska City, NE
  • Electrical wiring suspected in Prudhome attic fire

  • Firefighters respond in subzero wind chill conditions to attic fire at the 600 block of south Ninth St.
    • email print
  • With wind chills below zero and her daughters off to school, Bryanna Prudhome took the opportunity to do some house cleaning when the electricity blinked off.
    She and her husband Jim were on hand in January of 2012 when fire destroyed a relatives home at 615 11th Corso and Bryanna was quick to call Jim to report the electrical issue.
    Jim and their son Derek Powell, who was sleeping in the house after getting off work earlier in the morning, were inspecting the house from outside and saw smoke pouring from beneath the roof eaves.
    Firefighters hauled out several tubs full of smoldering ceiling insulation and sprayed some water before declaring the fire under control.

      • calendar