Otoe County officials are looking for suspects after linking a fire in Syracuse to an active methamphetamine lab.
Chief Deputy Mike Holland said remnants of a meth lab were discovered after firefighters responded to a fire in the garage of a duplex.
A silver car with Nemaha County plates was reported leaving the area.
The Otoe County Sheriff's Office says a methamphetamine lab was found in Syracuse after authorities responded to the report of a fire in a garage at a duplex.
Chief Deputy Mike Holland said firefighters reported the smell of ammonia while extinguishing the fire at the 200 block of Ninth Street.
"Upon further investigation remnants of a clandestine meth lab were found," Holland said.
Holland said he suspects that suspects in the garage caused a spark while stripping lithium batteries and said the spark ignited some flammable source.
No one was taken into custody, but deputies received a report of a silver car with Nemaha County plates leaving the scene.
A 19-year-old male was taken to the hospital, but Holland said his condition may have been independent of the fire.
Holland said he suspects a meth lab was in progress when the fire started.