Safety and effectiveness are two of the benefits of aquatic exercise. Knowing why water fitness is effective and understanding how to take ownership of your own well being in the pool environment can enhance your experience.
What are the benefits of aquatic exercise?
1. Retains all the general health benefits of regular exercise: weight control, improved mobility, heart health, reduced risk of chronic illness.
2. Relieves pressure from the spine and joints facilitating exercise for unique populations.
3. Reduces impact and creates less soreness than land based exercise
4. Resistance in water requires participants to work continually to maintain body position, i.e. working the core.
5. Requires little or no prior experience for participants to feel comfortable and have a great experience.
Water exercise is safe and effective for everyone. Participating in fitness in the pool is exhilarating and lots of fun. It is safe to take aqua classes as often as you like and so long as you have the approval of your physician, it has been proven beneficial. Socialization, fitness, and improved exercise adherence are all reasons to join in aquatic exercise program TODAY!