During the month of December 2012, fifteen persons were killed in traffic crashes on
Nebraska roadways, according to data collected by the Nebraska Department of Roads.
- These 15 fatalities occurred in 13 crashes
- Ten of the 15 vehicle occupants killed were not using safety belts
- One fatality occurred on the Interstate, six happened on non-Interstate highways, and eight took place on local roads
- Nine of the fatalities occurred in rural locations
- Five of the fatal crashes were head-on collisions
- Seven of the fatalities were age 65 or older