During the month of October 2012, sixteen persons were killed in traffic crashes on Nebraska roadways, according to data collected by the Nebraska Department of Roads.
- These 16 fatalities occurred in 13 crashes
- Twelve of the 15 vehicle occupants killed were not using safety belts
- One fatality occurred on the Interstate, nine happened on non-Interstate highways, and six took place on local roads
- Twelve of the fatalities occurred in rural locations
- Eight of the fatalities were age 24 or younger
- One of the fatalities was a motorcyclist