The Iowa Department of Transportation is changing the way in which it delivers traffic incident information via its 511 system to make it more timely, convenient and custom-tailored to the needs of individual travelers. Some methods of delivery previously offered will be discontinued Oct. 15. Make sure you stay connected.
It's your choice; there are many ways to receive traffic-related information, including on your mobile phone or favorite social media site.
Do you want to know about all traffic incidents in the state or just those that are affecting the routes you use most often? Pick the method(s) that best fits your needs.
I want statewide travel information. We've got that.
· Phone - call 511 in Iowa or 800-288-1047 (toll free nationwide)
· Website - http://www.511ia.org/
· Twitter - https://twitter.com/statewideia511
· Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Iowa511
· iphone or ipad app - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iowa-511/id528047799
· Android device app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.transcore.android.iowadot
I want personalized travel information. We've got that too. Pick the route or region of the state you travel most often.
· E-mail or text – Subscribe to 511's "My Reports" feature and receive an email or text message when a traffic incident occurs that affects a route(s) you most frequently travel. You choose the roads, direction of travel and time of the day. To learn more, visit http://www.iowadot.gov/511/MyReports.html.
· Twitter – (select a metro area or county) http://hb.511ia.org/main.jsf?view=twitter
· Facebook - (select one of five regions of the state) http://www.iowadot.gov/511/socialmedia.html
· Mobile web – (select a highway route) http://mb.511ia.org/IA3g/routereports.jsp